My new project is now complete.
In order to dramatically increase my contribution to the Folding@Home project, I built a new computer that will be dedicated for this function.
Here are the geeky details:
- CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9600, 2.3Ghz
- Motherboard: MSI K9A2 Platinum
- Memory: Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB)
- Power Supply: Corsair 750w
- Hard Drive: Seagate 80GB
- Video: 4 MSI Nvidia 9800GTs
- Case: Thermaltake Spedo w/9 120mm fans
The reason for the 4 video cards is that the system will use them as co-processors; the CPU will feed the video cards massive amounts of data to crunch.
Each card is achieving about 390 GFlops, giving the system a total of 1.5+ TeraFlops.